- av P Luthra - 2013 - - Relaterade artiklar17 jul 2013 - Volume 14, Issue 1, 17 July 2013, Pages 74–84 That RLR inhibition is particularly important is supported by the observation that preactivation of RIG-I ...
SummaryThe cytoplasmic pattern recognition receptor RIG-I is activated by viral RNA and induces type I IFN responses to control viral replication. The cellular dsRNA binding protein PACT can also activate RIG-I. To counteract innate antiviral responses, some viruses, including Ebola virus (EBOV), encode proteins that antagonize RIG-I signaling. Here, we show that EBOV VP35 inhibits PACT-induced RIG-I ATPase activity in a dose-dependent manner. The interaction of PACT with RIG-I is disrupted by wild-type VP35, but not by VP35 mutants that are unable to bind PACT. In addition, PACT-VP35 interaction impairs the association between VP35 and the viral polymerase, thereby diminishing viral RNA synthesis and modulating EBOV replication. PACT-deficient cells are defective in IFN induction and are insensitive to VP35 function. These data support a model in which the VP35-PACT interaction is mutually antagonistic and plays a fundamental role in determining the outcome of EBOV infection.
- •Ebola virus VP35 disrupts RIG-I-PACT interaction to block PACT-mediated RIG-I activation
- •PACT binding requires VP35 IID region and correlates with RIG-I inhibition
- •VP35-PACT interaction inhibits viral RNA synthesis
- •PACT-deficient cells are insensitive to VP35 function
- www.meb.uni-bonn.de/.../1-s2.0-S017129851300...av M Schlee - 2013 - - Relaterade artiklar1 jul 2013 - Most of the highly pathogenic and emerging viruses are RNA genome- based viruses ... 1. Viruses recognized by RIG-I and MDA5 and evading RLR recognition. S: segmented ...... C.F., 2006. Ebola virus VP35 protein binds.
- viralzone.expasy.org/all_by_protein/875.htmlÖversätt den här sidanUpon viral infection, RIG-I and related RNA helicases, MDA5 and LGP2 ... pathway, and are targeted by many viruses including Epstein-Barr virus, Ebolaviruses, ...
- 29 jul 2014 - Lets start by looking at the ebola virus itself to familiariz. ... The viral RNA polymerase (L) binds the encapsidated genome at the leader .... 2009) Drugs that lead to upregulation of RIG-I/RLR pathways, could therefore ... sufficient to upregulate the expression of RIG-1 leading to enhanced anti-viral response.